Is JAMB change of institutions on or has it started/opened? Some candidates who seem to know the form is on are asking to know the closing date. Now that the JAMB result is out or even before the release of the result, candidates want to consider a change of institutions. But in most cases, you had better waited till you know your fate in the UTME result.
If for one reason or the other you think you must change institutions, you may want to know if the form has opened or the closing date so you can know to what extent you need to wait before you effect the changes.
Important Warnings On Change of Institutions
Below are what you must know:
1. JAMB change of institutions form is now OUT on sales. You can immediately proceed to your JAMB profile and effect change of institutions. See how to do it yourself.
2. JAMB Change of institutions goes with the change of courses and other data. This means, while changing the institutions, you can change courses, date of birth, gender, state/local government too. This will be counted as one change. But if you change them separately, it will be counted as two or more changes.
3. Meanwhile, you’re no longer limited to change of institutions/courses. In other words, once you can keep changing from one institution or course to the other if you can afford to pay for it. I explained this in detail in my post, “How to Do Change Institutions/Courses the Third or More Times”.
4. Change of name, date of birth can only be done at a CBT centre though. Cafes can change institutions. courses, State, Local government and Gender.
5. JAMB change of institutions will never close until the admission year ends. Having said that, the change of institutions to a particular school may close as soon as that school starts selling her post UTME form. I will explain this point further below.
Why You Don’t Have to Rush to Change
Most candidates rush to effect change institutions/courses as they see their JAMB results released. This is not recommended. Why?
1. As earlier said, the change of institutions and courses can be done several times though, yet you don’t want to be wasting your parent’s money on this. If you rush to do it, you’ve burnt one chance. What if that doesn’t give you admission to the chosen school, you have to change to another school – making two times.
Even if the second one works, you may be given a different course. In this case, you will still be required to change to the new course. We all know this adds up to real expenses.
2. Another reason to avoid rushing to do the change of institution is because of opened admissions opportunities that may come your way before admission year ends. If you’ve done several changes before, you will still need further spending to take advantage of these.
However, some schools will instruct JAMB to stop the change of institutions to them immediately they start selling their post UTME forms or a few days to the closing date. This set of schools usually uploads the list of candidates that chose or changed to them to their school admission portals before candidates can register on the portal. Hence, they will stop accepting new changes to avoid late uploading or some delays in the uploading.
Some of these schools include Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), University of Benin (UNIBEN), University of Lagos (UNILAG), University of Ibadan (UI), University of Ilorin (UNILORIN), Lagos State University (LASU) etc.
However, schools like Osun State University (UNIOSUN), Federal Polytechnic Ede, Federal Polytechnic Offa, Ekiti State University (EKSU), Ladoke Akintola University (LAUTECH) etc will continually allow JAMB to accept change of institutions to them even when their post UTME forms are already on sales.
How To Approach Change of Institutions and Courses
Since we all know it has opened or is on sales already, we’re sure too, that, it will not close across the year. Then, we need the patience to know how admission exercise will go for the year before we do any changes.
Follow the suggestions below on your change the institutions before the closing date and at the right time.
1. Check your JAMB results. In fact, recheck some weeks later. (We have got occasions where JAMB increased or reduced mark in the past).
2. Now, wait for your schools to announce their post UTME cut-off marks. Some schools have static (fixed) cut off marks no matter what. For them, you may not wait for a different announcement again. UI, UNLAG, UNIBEN, OAU and a few others will not accept less than 200.
However, some schools are so dynamic that they can change forth and back. Some consider lower marks for certain courses and higher for some e.g, UNIOSUN, FUNAAB etc. For these universities, you should wait for them to announce their required marks. Then, you can see where to change if you have to change at all.
3. Without wasting money on changes, you can take advantage of opened admission chances. If your first change doesn’t give you admission, use the next one for such opened admissions.
Hope you found this article helpful? Feel free to comment and don’t forget to share with friends using the share buttons, follow and likes this post.