Getting to know more about Omar Lanez
Tell Us Brief About Omar Lanez
Your Name and all.
1. What first got you into music?
2. Who inspired you to make music?
3. How would you describe the music that you typically create?
4. What is your creative process like?
5. Who would you most like to collaborate with?
6. If you could go open a show for any artist who would it be?
7. What is one message you would give to your fans?
8. What is the most useless talent you have? 😜
9. Do you sing in the shower for inspiration? What songs?
10. What would you be doing right now, if it wasn’t for your music career?
11. Where have you performed? What are your favourite and least favourite venues? Do you have any upcoming shows?
12. How do you feel the Internet has impacted the music business?
13. What is your favourite song to perform?
14. Which famous musicians do you admire?
15. What is the most trouble you’ve ever gotten into?
16. What is the best advice you’ve been given?
17. If you could change anything about the industry, what would it be?
18. What’s your inspiration behind Your new project “Afro Universal EP Vol 1”
19. Journey So Far
“You can maybe tell us your journey so far to dis level dat u r presently
as in,wat weird sacrifice av u made to get into d studio at 1st,
hw did u get ur 1st money for studio session..
something like wat hustle av u done to carve out money just for music production”.
20. What Challenge have you had so far in the Music Industry?
21. What’s next for you?
22. Shout Out to your fans and Appreciation to Prenkoloaded for the Exclusive Interview.
Below are the Answers to the Questions
Hello I’m Obi Daniels
From Enugu state from a family of 7 and the first son of 5 children.
1. I got into music cos I’ve always been a music lover ..I tend to mimic voices of my fav artist and backup their songs most time you might not tell the voices cos the tunes kinda sound the same and also I grew up watching my mom vibe to 50cent and 2pac and my dad vibe to all sort of African genre of music ..highlife to Ghana music and all and also to show some of my friends that I can sing too.
2. I can say I was hugely inspired by a friend of mine MR Ricky ..at the time he was going to the studio and making Gud songs then another friend called Lamar would always try to compete with him trying to shows who’s better and I’ll just stay and watch both of them and laugh …it was a shocker to everyone when I got to the studio and everything started coming out..but on a more bigger note Burna boy has been my major influence right from his first song ..I’ve always wanted to chill in same space with him and get a glimpse of his positive energy
3. Like the Ep Afro-universal that’s gonna be making waves I’ll say I’m generally versatile ..if you listen to all my songs you’ll hear all kind of sounds in it …so I’ll say I make universal music …that anyone can vibe to and nod their head or dance to.
4. Creativity just comes ask from anyone that knows me or has seen me record ..I record on the spot ..I’m not a good freestyler but give me a note pad or a phone with a note pad and just keep playing the beat ..I come up with the melody the vibe and all at the spot and that’s on my mama ..no capping.
5. Burna boy Burna boy Burna boy. Then every other person. …mostly I like doing features cos it gives me more opportunities to vibe to different sounds and make hits with different artists ..so burna boy is no 1 but I’ll like to vibe with anyone that’s ready to.
6. Davido I like his team and all ..positive energy and everything.
7. Do what’s best for you no matter what anyone thinks and always say your mind then lastly listen to good music and read good books that’s one of the only way we get better mentally and generally.
8. Useless don’t think I got any useless talent cos the name Omar lanez was chosen by me cos Omar means some one dats eloquent or intelligent and lanez means someone that’s versatile and succeed in any given situation and field so I say I put all my talents to good use …apart from drinking garri with salt ,sugar and milk at the same time ..I don’t see any useless talent.
9. Are you kidding me ..my mom use to beat me for always playing music in the bathroom everytime I bath ..till now I still do it …I can’t bath without loud music playing in the bathroom …I listen to only cool music doh likes of weekend ,Tory lanez ,Fetty wap,Rihanna,drake ,Burna boys outside album ,wizkid recent sound man Davido’s older classics, wande coal and u know any music that’s generally awesomely cool.
10. I read Civil Engineering in school so I’d have been a Civil Engineer if I wasn’t doing music.
11. I’ve performed at birthday parties where people where crazy and went crazy but the birthday was weird and crazy so phones where not allowed so peeps won’t video and spoil people’s image ..it was a your eyes only kinda birthday but people where more than 150..trust me u don’t want to know how the girls dem reacted after my performance.
12. Like to a very great height …cos it was hard for us to go global before the internet and the internet made it possible for our predecessor wizkid and co to break us out of that cocoon and we are where we are today and would still go far cos I see a lot of upcoming talents who are damn good as well ..likes of Fireboy and Joeboy ,rema etc
13. All my songs are the favorite cos I believe I put my all and try to make the next song the best song so if I was to choose I’ll say my next song would be the best to perform.
14. Due to many factors I’ll say wizkid ..I love his personality then Davido ,burna boy, tu face , kizz Daniel.
15. Ahhhh lemme see I’ve always been this hot tempered person and my name obi really was for me cos I have the heart to do really bad things if I want to but instead enlightenment has made me realize that we always have a choice ..why get angry when u can be happy …why fight when you settle …you know I always try to go for the more peaceful solution early it seemed as if I was weak but later Nd now it’s making me the most strongest.
16. Ahhh my dad has so many adages but use your tongue to count your teeth is one of my favs ..then this one that goes any key that can open a door is a master key but any door that any key can open is a useless door ..you get the point now 😁😁
17. A lot but let’s pray I’m not given that kinda power for now maybe later now I just wanna make good music
18. Inspiration I got that inspiration from what burna boy is doing right now with African giant ..so I sat and said if burna boy could put Africa on the map why can’t I also further the cause ?…and also Afro universal is like a de ja vu ..I feel like I’ve done it before in my head like it wants to just happen in again this time ..you know that kind of thing.
19. Hmm ..that one ehn ..I’m not advising anyone to do it ooo but I did ..I used my school fees of one session to record as much songs as I could at one point up to
20 songs or more ..I’ve also gotten money from doing one or two tins ..I was this brainiac at first in Sch dat does certain stuffs for people and get paid for ..so generally many and anything that could bring the doh ..
21. The biggest challenge none for now apart from some of my friends stealing my songs and me getting to have issues with them or resolve issues with them ..nothing much
22. Next for me ..I’ll say I just wanna grow not only music all but in every other aspect of live Obi is no longer a boy but he’s not still the man he’ll like to become ..if you dig me
23. I see you guys ..thank you for the love and support I’ll always give back what you give to me I can give my life for that..the love and support I’m eternally grateful to you guys ..Thank you